Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Tips for EA programmers

My charts talk to me!
    ----

don420 is an unknown quantity at this point don420's Avatar
    Accumulated bonus
    373.87 USD
    Thanks
    thank you for these tips to make the expert adviser but i can not make trade with the expert adviser in the forex online market,this program fail when market crash or sudden change its movement but these tips are very use full for me thank you for this information's.

2. Fb
    Forex in the blood
    ----

koloms is an unknown quantity at this point koloms's Avatar
    Accumulated bonus
    0.00 USD
    Thanks
    exchanging days and nights as part of your EA get involved backtesting are going to be very remote.
    --Spread isn't really looked at, get isn't really, and many others. You undoubtedly are unable to have confidence in your figures should you be looking to accomplish items like remaining hair as well as your current EA uses quite lean margin involving good results.

What you should do:
    Should your EA merely positions via <insert hit-or-miss occasion as well as day> for you to <whatever>, explain to the idea for you to miss all watering holes. This has zero relation to your whole body, nevertheless will certainly enormously improve backtesting. Just perform TimeHour(Time[0])==whatever if it can be outside the house your current selection, "return(0); " Very same costs units, days and nights, no matter what. These products often get jointly.

My pips hand is weak
    ----

fatemakotha is an unknown quantity at this point fatemakotha's Avatar
    Accumulated bonus
    0.00 USD
    Thanks
    Newbies! Create Your Own Include File
    This is probably key to this entire article. You can create your own include file and simply pull it into all of the EAs you make. This will pull in all of the variables and functions you want without having to rewrite the same code repeatedly. I was constantly rewriting a lot of variables and other functions into my EAs and scripts before I realized what an idiot I was being.

Forex in the blood
    ----

morning is an unknown quantity at this point morning's Avatar
    Accumulated bonus
    24.40 USD
    Thanks
    The beginner! Construct Your current Feature Computer file
    This is exactly more than likely primary to our comprehensive page. You’re able to construct your current feature computer file and just tear the software right into many of the EAs you will earn. That should tear for many of the features and additionally works you're looking for and never have to reword the equivalent area code often. You will absolutely cannot trust any characters for anyone who is interested to do weapons like continuing to be scalp including your today's EA applies really quite incline margin relating achievements.

Banned
    ----

mnased is an unknown quantity at this point mnased's Avatar
    Accumulated bonus
    60.80 USD
    Thanks
    My partner and i is probably not any learn regarding MT4, We have found several tips as you go along. We have ultimately attained the point where We have a couple of methods working about a real income, successful, and also My partner and i considered I might produce a speedy twine together with methods for people starting or perhaps other folks needs to jump directly into more complex functio ta. This kind of appears like plenty of code, yet it really is quite basically and also utilizes another basic principle:

USUALLY DO NOT PRODUCE A COMMON EA -- totally important!
    That is our view, yet... in case you are EA method utilizes multiple or perhaps a couple of signals (UTMOST) and contains a number of ridiculous principles, you might be proceeding regarding it the wrong method. You can find financial institutions together with vast amounts regarding personal computer products that do just meltdown quantities and also find out just what operates. The tiny EA is not going to conquer these.

Banned
    ----

manik01 is an unknown quantity at this point manik01's Avatar
    Accumulated bonus
    8.50 USD
    Thanks
    Thank an individual to the tips It\'ll support your programmers in order to make their program. whether these include flow your tips they can Make a better method regarding forex AND ALSO It is going to help the forex user.

----

A script can very quickly run through the entire chart and tell you what percentage of win/loss scenarios you would have faced are. It's much easier to create a quick script and see whether or not that wonderful strategy you devised actually has a win rate of only 30% vs the 90% you see on the whole two months you were looking through data. I am aware I could rely on these kinds of quantities, due to the fact although the particular income delivered just isn't correct, the general win/loss quantities and also method are usually sound.

NF Addict
    lonely

artsem is an unknown quantity at this point artsem's Avatar
    Accumulated bonus
    111.20 USD
    Thanks
    That is the most common variable, but it announced to you and out of your script. This variable is always there, as well as any other pre-defined variables and arrays. What shakes arrays I think it will be interesting to know the following:
    ready
    Low [] array contains the minimum prices;

My pips hand is weak
    ----

jessica19 is on a distinguished road jessica19's Avatar
    Accumulated bonus
    29.73 USD
    Thanks
    Thank you very much brother I have learnt a lot by your tips and tricks of this thread no finally I have some guidance to make an EA thank you very much for your help

11. <a href="http://www.mt5.com/">&#1060;&#1086;&#1088;&#1077;&#1082;&#1089; &#1087;&#1086;&#1088;&#1090;&#1072;&#1083;</a>
    Forex in the blood
    inspired

Mmjhype is on a distinguished road Mmjhype's Avatar
    Accumulated bonus
    387.69 USD
    Thanks

Thumbs up Tips When Programming A Metatrader Expert Advisor

This article is designed to help those who seek ways to have a better working EA which is easy for monitoring, backtesting and optimizing . Here are some useful tips...

Making All Calculations Once Per Bar
    The rule applies to all inputs including all entry and exist conditions of the trades. For example ,if a given Expert Advisor requires RSI indicator to go above 30 for a short position to be initiated I'd prefer the code to check for this condition to be met after the last bar is completed and if I trade on daily candlesthe entries will be when the new day begins. So the Expert Advisor checks only once per bar and doesn't constantly make calculations on every tick.
    Another example would be if the trading logic includes existing every trade on a trailing stop . Regardless of its concept, the Metatrader 4 Expert should be programmed so that the stop is moved once per bar-usually when the new bar begins.
    How does this concept help us??? Well there are three main advantages ..1) we are avoiding possible errors by lessening the calculations the code is making to just one per bar. 2) The Expert Advisor is much more reliable for backtesting because since in MT4 tester the ticks are made by the platform itself and they are not real. Thus,we eliminate a possible disappearance between backtesting and real time results. By observing only closed bars in the code any real time results can be duplicated on a backtest . 3) Advantage is the fact that the EA could be backtested in tester using control points and open options which saves us a lot of computing time.

Setting Up A Time Frame For Every Input
    For each parameter set it is a good practice to have an additional input which will govern the Timeframe at which the set will operate. For example if we have a filter and two other indicators which are the main strategy ,then for each input set (filter and the 2 indicators)an input called "timeframe"is created. If all EA's parameters operate on a same timeframe then we create only one "timeframe"input.
    This tools helps to avoid any errors of attaching the EA on a wrong timeframed chart. So if we have a strategy which operates on H1 and we have an input "timeframe"=60,then it doesn't matter I'd we attach the Metatrader Expert Advisor to M5 or D1 and the code will work accordingly.

When An Input Is Off
    Instead of adding an ON/OFF input which will govern if a certain calculation is switched on or off for every indicator,it is much more convenient just to make the code so that if the particular inputs are 0,then it means that this option is not included in the trading. For example of we have set 0 for a trading stop inputs then it is obviousthat we are not using this feature .
    This option makes setting up the EA much more intuitive and reduces the number of inputs we have to deal with. .

Max Bars Look Back
    If the EA uses an indicator for its signal and this indicator is very heavy in a sense that it requires a lot of calculations then I use the took called "Max Bars"it sets up how many bars backwards the indicator will display it's dots,lines or whatever it does on the chart it saves your Metatrader 4 from freezing and stop running properly.
    Personally I don't use more than 500 for Max bars and usually it is my default setting which means if you Trade on H1,then you will be able to see 20+ days back which is pretty much enough..

Symmetrical Buy And Sell
    It is tempting to create inputs for both side-long and short which will govern how the EA enters it's buys and sells in a separate manner . However, besides the curvefitting factor which is another big topic it creates a lot of trouble when you're optimizing the system. It triples your variations and this you will need three times more to do all the optimizations needed . The is the reason I use only one inputs for both sides.

I have presented to you 5 practical tips for creation of a Metatrader Expert Advisor.They are based on personal experience and have helped me making my automated trading more convenient and easier . I hope they will be at your help as well....Good luck mates

+ Reply to Thread