Thread: Nigerian politics and government

Forex in the blood
    ----

Nasatube is on a distinguished road Nasatube's Avatar
    Accumulated bonus
    779.16 USD
    Thanks

Nigerian politics and government

Nigeria is a federal republic with a presidential system. The constitution provides for separation of powers among the three branches of government. General elections held in February 1999 marked the end of 15 years of military rule and the beginning of civilian rule based on a multiparty democracy.

If you have any news related to Nigeria Politics and government you can write here.

2. Fb
    My charts talk to me!
    ----

sweetfriends is on a distinguished road sweetfriends's Avatar
    Accumulated bonus
    709.59 USD
    Thanks

Kano PDP meets governorship aspirants over 2019

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Kano has called on aspirants vying for governor under its platform to always be guided by the PDP constitution during their political campaigns in order to avoid
    rancour and internal crisis among its members.

Speaking to Daily Trust shortly after a meeting with PDP governorship aspirants, the PDP Chairman in the state, Senator Mas’ud El-Jibril Doguwa, said the meeting was aimed at sensitising the aspirants about the PDP criteria and strategies for campaign ahead of the 2019 general
    elections.

He said, “We have informed our governorship aspirants about the party’s criteria for campaign and how to use conventional and social media during their political campaigns in order to avoid rancour and internal conflicts among the party members.”

Doguwa also said the 12 governorship aspirants that attended the meeting were intimated about the problems the party was facing in the state and urged them to contribute their quota towards tackling the problems.

“We also made it clear to them that the party is supreme and that nobody among them will be on his own. The party will continue to supervise their political activities and whoever becomes its candidate
    will be guided by the party constitution and ethics in his political undertakings,” he said.

He assured that whoever emerges PDP candidate would also carry other aspirants along, as according to him the business would never be as usual this time around.

Doguwa added that the 12 governorship aspirants had formed a forum with leadership among themselves during the meeting.

Forex in the blood
    ----

Accumulated bonus
    779.16 USD
    Thanks

2019: INEC to commence training of corps members on smart card readers

Ahead of the 2019 election, the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) is to commence early training of corps members who are engaged as electoral officers on the handling of smart card readers.

INEC Resident Electoral Commissioner in Lagos, Mr. Sam Olumekun noted that one of the reasons while the smart card readers fail was because of the way they were handled.

Olumekun spoke during advocacy visits to the National Orientation Agency (NOA) and the orientation camp of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) in the state.

According to him, given the advancement in technology, it is imperative to deepen the training given to the electoral officers to improve on the performance of the 2015 elections.

A statement by INEC spokesperson in Lagos, Femi Akinbiyi quoted the REC as saying at NYSC camp: "This time around, we want to devote time to educate the Corps members during their Community Development (CD) activities at various Local governments".

He commended the State coordinator of NYSC, Prince Mohammed Momoh for the support to the commission, adding, "We thank you for your usual support, the Commission will like to improve the MoU between us, please if there is area we need to fine tune in the MoU, let us know now so as to cement the synergy for it to work better in future".

At the National Orientation Agency (NOA), the REC called on the agency to help in mobilizing Lagosians to participate actively in the electoral processes.
    "I want the NOA to especially join the Commission in mobilising eligible for voters who have abandoned their Permanent voters cards (PVC) to come and claim them."

"The Commission is ready to partner with NOA and other stakeholders in our drive to deliver credible, transparent, free and fair elections in 2019.

"INEC has developed an election project plan and strategic plan of action and has itemised all we need to conduct successful free and fair elections.

"If the last election was rated very high by both local and international observers, we are prepared to deliver a more credible one in 2019 to surpass previous achievement."

My charts talk to me!
    ----

Accumulated bonus
    709.59 USD
    Thanks

Presidency forcing govs to finance APC convention – PDP

The PDP has accused the Presidency of forcing governors elected on the platform of the APC to use public funds to finance the ruling party’s forthcoming national convention.
    The PDP alleged that already, some APC governors had ‎moved in huge sums of money from public coffers for the convention.

“The PDP charges the All Progressives Congress (APC) to stop lying to Nigerians after its governors have been busted for diverting N6bn meant for the development of states under their control to finance their forthcoming national convention. APC is corrupt,” the PDP said.

Forex in the blood
    ----

Accumulated bonus
    779.16 USD
    Thanks

Real reasons Oyegun withdrew from APC chairmanship race

The National Chairman of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), Chief John Odigie-Oyegun, shelved his ambition to run for the position again after a meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari on Thursday night.

Sources said the APC governors had already informed the Chief Odigie-Oyegun-led National Working Committee (NWC) on the plan of President Buhari to support the national chairmanship ambition of a former governor of Edo State, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, at a meeting held at the party secretariat last Wednesday.

But Chief Odigie-Oyegun’s silence on the message brought by the governors from the president was not enough to convince them that he had given up the ambition of remaining at the helms of affairs of the party beyond the 2019 general elections.

“What happened at the Wednesday meeting was that the governors conveyed information on their meeting with the president,” one of the sources said.
    “They told Oyegun that the president will be supporting Oshiomhole for the chairmanship position but there was no response from the chairman at that meeting,” he said.

Another source said that was when it became evident that President Buhari had to intervene; more so there were open altercations among key party stakeholders on the national chairmanship position, especially after the APC state and zonal meetings held in Edo State.

Penultimate Sunday, the Edo caucus of the APC led by the State chairman of the party, Barrister Anselm Ojezua, had backed Oshiomhole to vie for the position of national chairman at a meeting in Benin.

However, his subsequent endorsement by the South South zonal chapter of the APC polarised the party as four out of the six state chairmen of the party from the zone rejected him.

The state chairmen that rejected him were Chief Davies Ikanya (Rivers), Deacon Joseph Fafi (Bayelsa), Mr Etim John (Cross River) and Dr Amadu Attai (Akwa Ibom), as well as the APC Deputy National Secretary, Hon. Victor Giadom.
    Subsequently, Oyegun also described the purported endorsement of Oshiomhole by the South-South zonal leadership of the party as “absolutely childish.”

Before his final decision, Oyegun had the support of some APC governors, especially those who believed that they could only control the party structures in their state if he remained as national chairman.

Oshiomhole’s candidacy was hitherto rejected by the governors who thought that the support he enjoyed from the national leader of the party, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, might not be good for their various political interests.

Forex in the blood
    ----

Accumulated bonus
    779.16 USD
    Thanks

APC Congress: Governor Abubakar's aide resigns to contest for state chair

The Special Adviser to Governor Mohammed Abdullahi Abubakar on Special Duties, ‎Alhaju Sani Shehu (Sanin Malam) has resigned from his post.

The aide disclosed his intention to resign in a letter addressed to the Secretary to the State government, Alhaji Nadada Umar on Wednesday.

‎In the said letter, Sanin Mallam stated that he resigned to contest for the Chairman of All Progressives Congress (APC) in Bauchi State in the forthcoming state congress of the party expected to take place soon.

Sanin Malam who was a former state Chairman of the defunct All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP) thanked governor Mohammed Abdullahi Abubakar for giving him the chance to serve his administration.

He expressed his satisfaction and happiness on the cooperation he received while serving the government in his capacity adding that he was satisfied with the and running of the government.

He added that his intention to contest for the state APC Chairman was to provide a fair leadership to members of the party in the state.

He also promised to bring changes to lead the party to the ‎desired level and correct the mistakes committed by the leadership of the party and work towards reconciling aggrieved members.

My charts talk to me!
    ----

Accumulated bonus
    709.59 USD
    Thanks

Buhari fails to return to Nigeria, leaves USA for London

At present, President Muhammadu Buhari is in London, United Kingdom, two days after he left Washington DC where he had visited American President Donald Trump.

President Buhari had left Washington DC on Tuesday after meeting with President Trump on Monday.

The Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Malam Garba Shehu, explained Thursday that this was due to a technical stopover.

Shehu did not explain what he meant by the technical stopover, but assured that the president would soon return to Nigeria.

"They had a technical stopover in London. I am sure if you keep your ears to the ground, you will hear of his arrival soon," Shehu said.

President Buhari was in London last year for several months to treat an undisclosed ailment.

The president's advance team, comprising security operatives, protocol staff and journalists, left Abuja for Katsina State on Thursday.

Forex in the blood
    ----

Accumulated bonus
    779.16 USD
    Thanks

We spent N100m, not N100bn on Melaye’s recall – INEC

The Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Prof. Mahmood Yakubu, said on Friday the Commission spent only N100million on the failed bid to recall the Senator representing Kogi West Senatorial District, Dino Melaye.

Yakubu said at a press conference in Abuja that the figure was nowhere near the N100billion reported in several quarters.

He said: “A recall exercise is just like conducting a Senatorial election. The Kogi-West which Melaye represents has 552 polling units and seven local governments.”

My charts talk to me!
    ----

Accumulated bonus
    709.59 USD
    Thanks

Kano: I will accept impeachment in good faith — Speaker

The Speaker of Kano State House of Assembly, Alhaji Yusuf Abdullahi Ata has said that as a Muslim who believe in destiny, he will accept his impeachment in good faith

Ata told newsmen that the attempt by some members of the house to impeach him has nothing to do with competency.

He said, “In anything there is starting and ending point. If Allah has designed it that my time is off, nobody will extend it by a second and if it is not time, nobody can remove me from office that’s my belief.

“My happiness is that I did not steal anybody’s money. So, if today, they remove me from office, I will leave but nobody will accuse me of stealing. I have a constituency that I am representing.”

11. <a href="">&#1060;&#1086;&#1088;&#1077;&#1082;&#1089; &#1087;&#1086;&#1088;&#1090;&#1072;&#1083;</a>
    My charts talk to me!
    ----

Accumulated bonus
    709.59 USD
    Thanks

At last, Senate passes 2018 Budget

The Senate has passed the 2018 budget, increasing the proposal of N8.612 trillion presented by President Muhammadu Buhari in December last year to N9.120trn.

The budget was passed after the consideration of the report of the Senate Committee on Appropriations chaired by Senator Danjuma Goje.

+ Reply to Thread