Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Thread: Nigerian politics and government
    My charts talk to me!
    ----

umair akram is on a distinguished road umair akram's Avatar
    Accumulated bonus
    268.27 USD
    Thanks
    in advance of the 2019 election, the independent countrywide Electoral commission (INEC) is to begin early schooling of corps individuals who're engaged as electoral officers on the dealing with of smart card readers.

INEC Resident Electoral Commissioner in Lagos, Mr. Sam Olumekun cited that one of the motives even as the smart card readers fail became because of the way they have been handled.

Olumekun spoke for the duration of advocacy visits to the national Orientation corporation (NOA) and the orientation camp of the country wide adolescents service Corps (NYSC) inside the country.

in keeping with him, given the advancement in generation, it's far imperative to deepen the schooling given to the electoral officials to enhance at the performance of the 2015 elections.

A assertion with the aid of INEC spokesperson in Lagos, Femi Akinbiyi quoted the REC as pronouncing at NYSC camp: "This time round, we want to commit time to train the Corps members at some point of their network development (CD) sports at numerous neighborhood governments".

He commended the country coordinator of NYSC, Prince Mohammed Momoh for the guide to the commission, including, "We thanks for your common support, the fee will like to enhance the MoU between us, please if there may be region we need to high-quality song inside the MoU, let us recognise now so as to cement the synergy for it to work better in destiny".

2. Sonata 19
    My charts talk to me!
    ----

sweetfriends will become famous soon enough sweetfriends's Avatar
    Accumulated bonus
    770.86 USD
    Thanks

BREAKING: Drama as Melaye resumes, dumps APC seat for PDP

Senator Dino Melaye (APC, Kogi) resumed in Senate this morning after a running battle with the Police and moved from the APC wing in the Senate to the PDP.

His relocation caused confusion in the Senate as both APC and PDP senators engage in a battle of words over the development.

At the moment, Melaye who appeared in neck brace is seated near the former Senate President, David Mark

Forex in the blood
    ----

Nasatube is on a distinguished road Nasatube's Avatar
    Accumulated bonus
    779.16 USD
    Thanks

State High Court nullifies APC congresses in Rivers

The Rivers High Court in Port Harcourt has nullified the ward, local government and state congresses of the All Progressives Congress (APC) held on May 19, 20 and 21 respectively.
    Justice Chiwendu Nwogu nullified the congresses in his ruling on Wednesday.

Nwogu also stated that the process leading to the emergence of Mr Ojukaye Flag-Amachree as Rivers Chairman of APC was fraudulent.
    He said that the APC should return to the status quo of May 11, 2018, pending the determination of the substantive suit and adjourned until June 26 for further hearing.

My charts talk to me!
    ----

Accumulated bonus
    770.86 USD
    Thanks

2019 Election: Reps kick against use of electronic voting

The House of Representatives, on Thursday, rejected the use of electronic voting system in the forthcoming 2019 General Elections.

The rejection was sequel to a bill, which seeks to amend the provisions of the Electoral Act, considered by the Committee of the Whole.

The lawmakers, however, approved the use of smart card readers for accreditation before elections are conducted in any polling unit across the country.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the Bill for an Act to Amend the Provisions of the Electoral Act, No. 6, 2010 to further improve the Electoral Process and for Related Matters has 41 clauses.

The lawmakers, in their submission, removed the amendment in the bill which seeks to introduce the use of electronic voting into the Electoral Act.

They resolved that while an electronic instrument; the card reader, will be used only for accreditation, the voting will be strictly done manually.

During the consideration, Rep Chinda Ogundu (Rivers-PDP) had sought to add a new amendment that the election in any polling unit should be suspended if the card reader malfunctioned until another functional card reader is brought.

The amendment reads: ‘’The presiding officer shall use the smartcard reader for accreditation of voters. Where the smartcard fails in any unit, the election in that unit will be suspended and conducted within 24 hours.”

This, however, triggered reactions from some of the lawmakers, who warned of the delay such suspension would cause.

Reacting, the Deputy Speaker, Mr Yusuf Lasun (Osun-APC), who presided over the section, said:’’If the card reader fails to read in a polling unit, that means you are delaying result of the election in the entire ward.”

Ogundu, on his part, argued that there would be no delay except in cases where the result from the polling unit would affect the entire ward’s outcome.

“If that unit’s result will not affect the entire outcome, INEC doesn’t have to go back. But if it will affect the outcome, their (INEC) policy is that they must go back to do the accreditation with a card reader and conduct the election,” he said.

They also proposed for the disqualification of a candidate if he or she is found to have filed fake documents for his qualification, while his party would pay a fine of N1 million.

The proposal also seeks to disqualify the candidate from participating in a fresh election in cases where the initial election has been conducted.

However, the House did not pass the bill as there are two clauses in it awaiting approval.

Forex in the blood
    ----

Accumulated bonus
    779.16 USD
    Thanks

There’s a united voice against Okorocha – Oyegun

The National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Chief John Odigie-Oyegun, has said there is a united voice against Gov. Rochas Okorocha of Imo State.

Chief Odigie-Oyegun spoke tacitly at the weekend in Abuja on the protracted crisis in Imo APC while reacting to an allegation from Gov. Okorocha that he was facing a witch-hunt from the party leadership for opposing the tenure elongation move for the outgoing National Working Committee (NWC) members.

Okorocha had been having a running battle with the Odigie-Oyegun-led NWC after losing the control of the party’s structure in the state to his political rivals in the just concluded ward, local government and state congresses.

The APC national chairman wondered why Okorocha would be targeted when he was the only person that opposed the move.

While responding to the allegation, Odigie-Oyegun said Okorocha “wasn’t the strongest force behind the objection to tenure elongation. So why is his case different? I don’t think it is necessary to go into the details.

“Well, the processes are still on and it is not good to answer you in detail. But the answer lies in one fact that he is not the only one who opposed the so-called tenure elongation, how come he is the only one being witch-hunted?

“When you look at the totality of the events in that state, I think you can get a clearer picture of what is going on there. There is a united voice calling for a different way of doing things so to speak,” Oyegun said.

Forex in the blood
    ----

Accumulated bonus
    779.16 USD
    Thanks

Mama Taraba: APC’ll lead Nigeria ‘forever’

The Minister of Women Affairs, Sen. Aisha Alhassan, says the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) will not only win Gombe and Taraba states in 2019 but also lead Nigeria forever.

Senator Alhassan, popularly known as ‘Mama Taraba’ said this yesterday at the APC national secretariat in Abuja shortly after the inauguration of 35 state chairmen of the party.

She said the forthcoming national convention would be peaceful despite the current crisis in the APC.

The minister had last year said she would resign from the federal cabinet once President Muhammadu Buhari announced that he would go for a second term, saying she would remain loyal to ex- Vice President Atiku Abubakar who had already moved back to the PDP.

“Crisis is normal in a big party like APC, once we can do our national convention, then we face the opposition PDP and I assure you that APC will win more states like Taraba in 2019.

“I will make sure that in my zone I follow up and by God’s grace, Gombe and Taraba will be taken over in 2019, and don’t even talk about Nigeria because it’s already APC and it will continue to be APC forever,” she added.

She gave assurance that the new APC chairman in Taraba State would mend fences with those that contested against him and dismissed the notion about the existence of faction in her home state.

The minister who said that she won the 2015 governorship election in Taraba voiced her willingness to run again in 2019.

“I won the 2015 election everyone knows that, even the PDP, and I will re-contest the election again in 2019 if God keeps me alive and well.

“It is God that gives power to whoever he desires. I won the election 2015, but God did not give me power. I will keep my trust in Him and the people of Taraba, and God willing, I will win the election,” she said.

My charts talk to me!
    ----

Accumulated bonus
    770.86 USD
    Thanks

Oyegun never told us not to inaugurate excos-Lagos APC chairman

The Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC)in Lagos ,Alhaji Tunde Balogun on Tuesday night denied any directive from the National Chairman of the party,Chief John Odigie-Oyegun stopping state party chairmen from inaugurating their executive members.

Balogun told newsmen in Ikeja that news reports that Oyegun gave the directive at the inauguration of 33 state party chairmen in Abuja on Monday were misleading.

He said Oyegun never questioned his position as the Chairman of the party in the state and that of chairmen of Rivers and Oyo,adding the report was a distortion of fact.

“It is not true that Chief Oyegun asked us in Lagos not to swear in our executives .There was nothing like that.

“And it was not true that he also directed the chairmen of Oyo and Rivers not to do so.He never said that at the inauguration.

“The misleading reports in some newspapers and social media did not just reflect what happened at our inauguration yesterday.

“My inauguration confirmed that I have no problem with Oyegun or any other person.We had a congress and I was validly elected. So there is no doubt about my position as the chairman.

“In fact, we have since inaugurated our excos in Lagos and work is already in progress.So Oyegun could not have directed us not to swear in our exco,we have already done that, “he said.

On the internal wrangling in the party, s chapter, Balogun said disagreement was normal in politics.

He said his priority as the new Chairman will be to bring everybody back together so that the party could be stronger in the state.

“My priority as the Chairman of the party is to bring everybody together.Yes ,some people organised another congress which we think it is illegal,we are going to reach them.

“We will try as much as possible to reconcile all members and bring back those who are not with us”‘he said.

The News Agency of Nigeria(NAN) reports there was jubilation at the ACME Road Secretariat of the party over the inauguration of Balogun.

Party members danced and sang as they waited all day for the arrival of Balogun from Abuja.

The chairman arrived the Secretariat around 7pm.

Forex in the blood
    ----

Accumulated bonus
    779.16 USD
    Thanks

Plans to impeach Buhari a joke — Buhari media group

The North Central Media Support Group for Buhari (NCMSGB), yesterday, described alleged attempts by the National Assembly to impeach President Muhammad Buhari as a joke.

The group, in a press statement issued by its National Chairman, Hon. Dasuki Salihu Nakande, stated that danger lay ahead of any shady plan to impeach the president and therefore advised the legislators to instead do things that would move the country forward.

“They should not try it because we know a lot of them will find it very difficult to get back to their constituencies,” it said.

The group challenged the lawmakers to prove the interference of the president in any of the alleged harassment and humiliation on perceived political opponents and stressed that, “It is a known fact that the president is a strict adherent of the rule of law, and his sincerity in the fight against corruption is not selective.”

The group went further that, “Accountability also entails responding to invitation by security organs of government to respond to issues that bother on alleged criminality, which members of the legislature are shunning away from. Such refusal is not only ridiculing our nation’s democracy, but ruining it.

My charts talk to me!
    ----

Accumulated bonus
    770.86 USD
    Thanks

Aniocha South APC Inaugurates LGA Officers in a colourful ceremony

The All Progressives Congress (APC), Aniocha South LGA chapter has inaugurated its 27-man LGA Executive Officers at a colourful ceremony at the party Secretariat along Isah road, Ogwashi-Uku.

Present at the ceremony which was presided over by the LGA party chairman, Chief Paul Onwudiamu Thursday, were party leaders and chieftains in the LGA, among whom were, the LGA Chairmanship candidate, Builder Izu Iloba-Agafiena and his deputy, Elder Innocent Adolue.

Also in attendance were the Chairman, Nsukwa Clan APC Caucus, Barr Sir Joe Asem, and Secretary, Apostle Victor Sorokwu, APC Aniocha South National Delegate, Mr. Gideon Nwaomu and Secretary, Ubulu Clan APC Caucus, Prince Fred Mordi.

Other leaders present include Deacon Fidelis Chimokwu, Chief Ubido, Hon. Polycarp Kachikwu, Elder Mike Obioji, Elder Jacob Ofunne, state delegates, ward chairmen-elect, other ward executive officers-elect, party faithful and supporters.

In his address, the LGA APC Chairman, Chief Onwuadiamu, popularly known as Ibori Aboh, thanked the father of Delta APC and super leader of the party in the LGA and leaders of the APC across the state for finding them worthy to serve the party, especially as the 2019 elections beckons.

The LGA chairman charged the newly elected LGA Officers to work assiduously for the APC and justify the confidence reposed in them, adding that they should gird their loins to brace up with task to deliver the APC in all elections in 2019 at the wards and the LGA.

The Allegiance and Oath of Office was administered by Barr Michael Ogosi to following LGA Officers: Chief Fidelis Okofu- Vice Chairman; Pastor Norbert Sochukwudinma - Secretary;
    Abel Enujeke - Asst. Secretary; Richard Obi - Treasurer; Isaac Molokwu - Asst. Treasurer.

Also inaugurated are, Chief Chris Osodi- Financial Secretary; Ndudi Ogor- Asst. Fin. Secretary; Cyril Agoloh - Youth Leader; Harry Nkenchor - Asst. Youth Leader; Madam Victoria Ihuoma - Women Leader; Madam Felicia Iyase - Asst. Women Leader Pastor Precious Manasseh - Legal Adviser.

Others are, Anthony Uche Odum - Asst. Legal Adviser; Charles Adingwupu - Organising Secretary; Sunday Esedebe - Asst. Organising Secretary; Hon. Obinwogo Victor - Publicity Secretary;
    Samuel Anukwu - Asst. Pub. Secretary;
    Comr. Cyril Ohai - Auditor; Collins Obika - Asst. Auditor.

Also, Anthonia Keshi - Welfare Officer; Elizabeth Okocha - Asst. Welfare Secretary; Michael Ubaka - Special Leader (Physically Challenged); Chief J. N. Obah - Ex. Officio; Elder Iyke Ofulue- Ex. Officio; Mrs. Edith Hassan - Ex. Officio; and Mr. Patrick Moloa - Ex. Officio.

11. <a href="https://www.instaforex.com/company_news">&#1060;&#1086;&#1088;&#1077;&#1082;&#1089; &#1087;&#1086;&#1088;&#1090;&#1072;&#1083;</a>
    Forex in the blood
    ----

Accumulated bonus
    779.16 USD
    Thanks

16 parties eying Buhari’s seats so far

Sixteen political parties have so far concluded plans to field candidates that will challenge President Muhammadu Buhari at the 2019 general elections.

Buhari has declared his intention to run for a second term if given the APC ticket, ‎but opposition is gathering momentum from different quarters with former President Olusegun Obasanjo leading the charge.

Leaders of some political parties ‎who spoke with Daily Trust in separate interviews, yesterday, confirmed their determination for a change of baton in 2019, accusing the APC of ‘gross failure in governance’.

In PDP, which is the leading opposition party in the country, our correspondent reports that nine top contenders are already eyeing the ticket for the coveted office.

Leaders of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA), Social Democratic Party (SDP), Democratic Peoples Congress (DPC), African Democratic Congress (ADC) and Accord Party (AP) have also confirmed their plans to contest the presidency.
    Similarly, a timetable of the Action Alliance (AA) signed by the National Chairman and Secretary, Barrister Kenneth O. Udeze and Vernimbe A. James, respectively exclusively obtained by Daily Trust, showed that ‎the party would conduct presidential primaries on October 5, 2018.‎

Our correspondent learnt that Freedom and Justice Party (FJP) also has ‎Mr Abanitus Dangi as its presidential hopeful.

Other parties fielding candidates for the ‎coveted office as confirmed by their leaders are the Young Progressives Party (YPP), Green Party (GP), Advanced Peoples Democratic Party (APDA)‎, United Progressive Party (UPP), Action Democratic Party (ADP) and Action Peoples Party (APP).

“The hullabaloo you are seeing is corruption fighting back. He (Buhari) will be re-elected with more votes than in 2015,” he said.

+ Reply to Thread