Results 4,601 to 4,610 of 4638
Thread: EUR/USD pair discussion
    Where am I?
    ----

Dazvim is on a distinguished road Dazvim's Avatar
    Accumulated bonus
    0.50 USD
    Thanks
    For the first time this week, the bulls has showed that they are still in the game.
    And they have done it on their territory, namely at the level where they began to gain positions for growth.
    This is very important, because such a reaction at the buyer's site suggests that not everyone has left their purchases.
    Although the price managed to get to the lowest point of the range - 1.1360 (1.1320).
    It was here that large volumes were poured into purchases on Friday, January 25.
    Name:  b1feb8.PNG
Views: 31
Size:  569.0 KB
    Today, the pair has made a new movement to the downside and immediately received a powerful rebound.
    If we look closer (TF H4), we will see the following:
    1. On Wednesday, the price passed the lower border of the balance and there were large volumes on the negative delta.
    After that, the price continued to decline due to market purchases.
    2. Today, we have reached the buyer's site and entered the buyers' area amid the impulse.
    3. According to the delta, it can be seen how almost one thousand of contracts have been purchased.
    But since there were pending orders for sale, the price was pushed further.
    It was the usual situation for the whole week.
    4. The most interesting is ahead. When the Americans joined the work, it was possible to see an even greater increase in the positive delta - more than 3 thousand per 4 hours, and here, there were also large volumes which pushed the price out of the buyers' area.
    This is the first sign of bulls' strength.
    5. After that, the price tried to come back, but it was not lowered below the gained volumes.
    Name:  b2feb8.PNG
Views: 40
Size:  459.0 KB
    What is the result?
    The situation is unclear.
    There is the first signal that buyers have joined, but it is too early to say about the upside.
    In order for the price to go up, the following certain conditions are necessary:
    - firstly, buyers must show their strength, that is, the trend: whether they are ready to go upwards or not yet.
    - secondly, we need to gain liquidity, otherwise any movements will be over before they start.
    - and thirdly, we need to remove the "unnecessary" from the market.

So, in order for the movement to change the downward direction to the upward one, it is necessary that the trend of small speculators also change.
    It can become different after a pullback to the upside (not deep) and the continuation of the downside.
    If sales in the market are held, that will mean that buyers have joined and we can add purchases.
    In addition, it is important not to go below 1.1360 (1.1320), otherwise everything will change and we will have to look closely to sales.
    Well, I do not exclude the option of false breakouts, but they should be "empty", that is, without volumes.
    Just on this point, my previous option is still in force.
    Name:  b3feb8.PNG
Size:  491.3 KB
    In general, this is the place where further trend of the pair will be decided.
    And without such conditions, we can trade from the borders of the flat.
    Today, we have just descended below the lower border of the balance, therefore, purchases are welcome.
    I buy, because these transactions are transferred to the medium term and just today, the price allows us to open long positions with the first target of 1.1450-60 (1.1410-20).
    If there are signals for sales, I will move on to sales.
    Although the main pairs against the US dollar have already worked out, and I have closed almost all transactions today (gold and brent oil are still being traded).
    The dollar index also worked out the level of 96.35 well.
    Name:  b4feb8.PNG
Size:  492.7 KB

2. Sonata
    NF Rookie
    ----

Mal is on a distinguished road Mal's Avatar
    Accumulated bonus
    27.16 USD
    Thanks
    As for the EUR/USD pair, my expectations for today are simple, I am waiting for 1.1310 and 1.1300. The cancellation of the downside is a breakout of 1.1358.
    Name:  c1feb8.PNG
Size:  135.8 KB
    I will remind you about the signals.
    We have the executed signals for kiwi and brent oil. As for the greenback and gold, yesterday, I decided to close deals. Because they are delaying the workout, and it will probably break my signal, but those who have them in the break-even can remain them unchanged. Anyway, you don't lose anything.
    Name:  c2feb8.PNG
Size:  195.0 KB
    Yesterday, I wrote about H1, the Asians didn’t do anything special, but still, the upside was not confirmed.
    Well, now, as usual, if we have confirmation, we should pull back down. While at the bottom, the way will be limited by the levels of 1.1310 or 1.1300, we will test them and then go upwards to yesterday’s high. Here are the plans for today. Well, then follow the situation with the breakout of the high.
    Name:  c3feb8.PNG
Size:  88.4 KB
    In addition, I mentioned that EUR/USD created a new zone at 1.1335 and then it was worked out. There is the only area of 1.1370-1.1390 left that has not been worked out. If I'm not mistaken, today, we will most likely reach 1.1370 and maybe 1.1390.
    Name:  c4feb8.PNG
Size:  55.6 KB

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:

facetoface (02-11-2019), sweetfriends (02-11-2019)

Where am I?
    ----

Accumulated bonus
    0.50 USD
    Thanks
    At the very beginning, I will note that I began to figure out the volume analysis for the following reasons:

- I wanted to know why the price begins to turn at a certain moment;
    - I wanted to know why the level is worked out in some cases, and it is not worked out in others;
    - I wanted to know where is the best place to enter the market and place protective orders.
    There have been many such questions. Technical analysis does not give specifics.

Now let's move on to the point.

As for the limit orders, everything is still uncertain.
    When you look at the chart (in the middle of the movement), you really notice how sell limit orders work and buyers are removed.
    Well, or in the opposite situation.
    And if you ask yourself when the movement began, what was it?
    And here you can see a different situation: before turning down (if we consider the current situation on the euro-dollar pair), just the market orders have been crucial!
    But I do not completely understand this moment.
    Why is that? And does that always happen or in some special cases?
    Name:  a1feb11.PNG
Views: 1682
Size:  252.6 KB
    If I understand correctly, first of all, we need to look at what is the trend in the market (who and where entered).
    In the same place, we need to note the maximum volumes (in the profile) immediately and who was on these volumes (buyer or seller).
    If large volumes have not been at the top and sellers have gained a position there, we can safely sell.
    Is this logic is correct?
    There was such situation with the euro on January 31 and February 1.

After gaining the main position for the sale by market orders, it was supported by limit orders.
    This allowed us not to give the price to pull back.
    And considering the fact that small speculators were buying from the pullback in the market, it made sense to pull the pair down.
    Name:  a2feb11.PNG
Views: 28
Size:  255.2 KB
    But on Thursday or Friday, the situation has changed a bit.
    First, we came to the lower border of the balance for the March contract.
    Secondly, we came close to the site of buyers who bought on January, 24-25.
    Thirdly, buyers began to gain market position by market orders (as can be seen from the delta).
    Name:  a3feb11.PNG
Views: 28
Size:  263.3 KB
    Well, there has been no reaction to the purchases yet. The price has not gone up, but there is no decline below the buyer's zone.
    So, will traders be able to gain long positions, or will sellers be able to push it?
    Now I think over the solution.
    Perhaps, it seems like there is no point in paying extra attention to it.
    But I will not rest until I figure out the principles of work.
    I will ask again, clarify, listen to criticism, and draw conclusions on the results of trading.
    After all, the main indicator for us is profit.

So, I wish everyone good luck!

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dazvim For This Useful Post:

facetoface (02-11-2019), sweetfriends (02-11-2019), Unregistered (2 )

NF Rookie
    ----

Accumulated bonus
    27.16 USD
    Thanks
    Hello, dear traders.
    As for EUR/USD, I recall the main points.
    For today, the target is 1.1290. Then I expect a rebound and pullback. The cancellation of the south is a breakout of 1.1350. According to the technical analysis, a stop for those who are trading on the downside is expected soon.
    Once the market wes opened, the low was updated immediately, which means that it can be said, an option of the weekly candlestick is not relevant anymore, the candle has worked out its update. However, there are seven points left.
    Today, the most important thing for me is what kind of rebound will be from the downside and where it will begin. This may indicate the direction we should work.
    Name:  b1feb11.PNG
Views: 56
Size:  90.7 KB
    As for the dollar, there are still signs that the greenback will weaken in the near future. For example, EUR/USD indicates that a pullback is expected soon. By the way, if Europe starts drawing a flat again, it may be the beginning of a pullback. But in this situation, we will not see 1.1290 today. However, it is necessary to reach 1.1290 today.
    Name:  b2feb11.PNG
Views: 27
Size:  94.6 KB
    Trading range for the week:
    The top is 1.1550.
    The bottom is 1.1250.
    Intraday levels:
    The top is 1.1350.
    The bottom is 1.1320.
    At the moment, we are under 1.1320. And if during the European session, we are below the level of 1.1350, this will confirm the downside according to the levels.
    Name:  b3feb11.PNG
Views: 27
Size:  87.9 KB

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:

facetoface (02-11-2019), sweetfriends (02-12-2019)

NF Rookie
    ----

Kobe is on a distinguished road Kobe's Avatar
    Accumulated bonus
    21.29 USD
    Thanks
    Well, the market is open, and there have been no surprises in the form of strong price gaps. Those who have been worried about the opening of the market now can relax, the market is loyal to traders so far…

As for the option levels, the best trading range is now the levels of 1.1300 and 1.1400 at futures prices. At forex prices, this is about 1.1265 - 1.1365.
    In fact, the price is currently in the middle of these two levels and it’s quite difficult to say where it will go first.
    There is an assumption that first, the top at 1.1400 will be worked out, and only after that, there will be a correction to the put level. As the downtrend continues and there are no particular signs of a reversal, it is more logical to assume a further decline.

Max Pain for the short contract is located at 1.1450 at futures price / 1.1415 at forex price, so we should return to this level and test it. Falling further or growing after the test is the second question, the main thing is to reach the optimal level on the day of expiration.
    More than 99% of call options are out of money, which means that there are losses on them. As for put options, the situation is better. In order to propel put holders into losses, we should raise the price.
    Name:  c1feb11.PNG
Views: 25
Size:  347.0 KB
    Open interest:
    Interestingly, even Fiday's trading volume for the monthly contract showed that the main trading turned out to be almost at the same level as the significant open interest.
    If the trading volume of options and open interest have such synchronicity, these levels can be taken as basic for work.
    In the current market conditions, I believe that it is better to sell at competitive prices at call levels than to buy from the put level (although I had exactly the same situation).
    The best option would be a sale from 1.1400 / 1.1365, since I expect the continuation of the price reduction in the short term.
    The trading volume of options at this level is significant, so there is a high probability that this resistance will be worked out well.
    Name:  c2feb11.PNG
Views: 25
Size:  450.3 KB
    Trading plan:
    At the moment, I have open purchases. The nearest stop orders for these purchases are at 1.1305 and 1.1300. When the price reaches these values, about 7% of the loss on the initial deposit will be closed.
    It is possible to open a limit sale at the call level of 1.1365 with a stop loss and take order of 100 points.
    A limit purchase from the put level of 1.1265 is also possible. Stop loss and take profit orders are 100 points each.
    This range is based on the option levels of the short contract, so this may be relevant to Wednesday and it is quite enough to earn standard 100 profit points.
    There is an assumption to close all current purchases at the total breakeven at 1.1385, so if the purchases achieve this range, I will do this. Then trading will be conducted according to the modified algorithm.
    Name:  c3feb11.PNG
Views: 26
Size:  743.4 KB

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kobe For This Useful Post:

facetoface (02-12-2019), sweetfriends (02-12-2019)

NF Rookie
    ----

Accumulated bonus
    21.29 USD
    Thanks
    First of all, I want to congratulate those who have sold the euro despite everything and now have a good profit which is growing every day.
    Such moments happen in the market rather seldom. Yesterday, after several attempts of growth on the news on unemployment, there was more than 230 points of decline.
    I am increasingly surprised at the way they manage to manipulate the price when it is very necessary, they even can make a decline for 6 days in a row without any pullback.
    At such moments, those who take a medium-term position and hold their positions to the last, can make a good profit, but those who trade with a view to retracement, suffer losses.
    So far, I have not switched to the medium-term trading, so I will do a review for intraday trading.
    According to the balance of power for the monthly contract, there was a good put volume at the levels of 1.1350 and 1.1300 today. Moreover, the level of 1.1300 also resonates with the put level for the contract of half a week where the last important option level is located.
    Perhaps this level will become an area from which the euro will be able to pull back up, especially when the level of 1.1300 has repeatedly shown itself as an excellent support.
    The nearest important call level is at 1.1450 at futures price / 1.1420 at forex price.
    Name:  a1feb12.PNG
Views: 1968
Size:  369.1 KB
    Open interest
    The nearest expiration is scheduled for Wednesday, so I will pay particular attention to the short contract. And the situation there is dismal but interesting.
    The maximum open interest of put options, the maximum interest of call options, and the level of Max Pain are at the same price level of 1.1450 at futures price / 1.1420 at the forex price.
    The price moved away from it by 150 points and made a disbalance. Logically, it is desirable to go up by 150 points to even things up, but will the major players want to return the price up for the sake of making profit on options?
    Name:  a2feb12.PNG
Views: 23
Size:  300.2 KB
    Trading actions for today:
    First, three purchases were fixed at a loss. The price took so long to go down to the stop loss orders, but this moment came, and even adding extra points to the stop loss orders didn’t save the situation. Yesterday, the market took about 12% of the initial deposit back. Last week, we managed to earn 33% of the profit, while yesterday, we had to give about 12% back.
    As we reached the put level at 1.1270, I added a few more purchases with a view to the long-awaited growth.
    I placed all take profit orders near the level of 1.1420. If this level is reached, the total profit on the euro for February will even be positive.
    Further reduction will continue to fix purchases at a loss; there is a little more than 20 points to the nearest stop loss order.
    These stop loss orders are fully justified, since the situation is really complicated and limiting losses in such a way is vital for deposit.
    Name:  a3feb12.PNG
Views: 23
Size:  552.5 KB
    Well, place stop loss orders for your positions and do not forget that we are trading in the market, so losses are an integral part of our work.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kobe For This Useful Post:

facetoface (02-12-2019), sweetfriends (02-12-2019)

Where am I?
    ----

Accumulated bonus
    0.50 USD
    Thanks
    Hello, dear traders

Today should be fateful for our favorite pair.
    The fact is that the previous day ended with the breakout of the price level, from where we had started moving at the beginning of the March contract.
    If anyone remembers, the buyers who had been retaining their territory for the entire time joined at the beginning of the contract.
    Name:  b1feb12.PNG
Views: 21
Size:  271.8 KB
    And even when there was an attempt to go lower, the price was immediately pushed out.
    On the chart above, I highlighted the main points in the support area.
    What happened yesterday? And what happened on Monday?
    The support was pushed by limit orders for the sale. Do we receive a true way to the downside from the balance?
    Today, the situation should clear up, so the current day is very important for the pair.

Now I will write the conditions under which I will make decisions.
    My main scenario is the upside.
    But both for the upside and downside particular conditions and reaction are necessary.
    1. For growth, we need to go up above 1.1355 (1.1320) on volumes and a positive delta, while there is still such an opportunity ..
    2. For the downside, it is necessary to prevent the price from going out and failing even lower at the border of 1.1350 (or even earlier).
    In the latter case, it is a good thing when the delta is large and negative, while the volumes are high.
    Name:  b2feb12.PNG
Size:  258.2 KB
    Once again, the bulls are gaining a position, but they still cannot move the price up.
    Do debts get in the way? However, as I see, everything is worked out (at least for the current contract).
    Open interest has been growing since February 6. It is just the time when the delta has been on the buyer's side.
    I suppose that the increase in OI is due to purchases.
    Name:  b3feb12.PNG
Size:  110.8 KB
    Name:  b4feb12.PNG
Size:  187.6 KB
    The first screen describes the situation as at February 6, and the second one - yesterday.
    The increase of about 14 thousand contracts.

The only thing they can not agree with is the statement about gaining a position by the seller.
    The point is that he gained a position earlier, in the range of 1.1500-1.1540 (1.1460-1.1500) and now he is holding it by limit orders.

So now everything depends on the reaction to the pullback:
    - if we go up, there is still a chance to trade on the upside;
    - if we fall even lower, the situation with the upside remains to be seen.

Personally, I could not resist making other purchases yesterday. As for the medium-term trading, it is not difficult for me to overcome a drawdown.

As for the news, we have several major events that can move the pair in one direction or another.
    1. OPEC Monthly Report.
    2. Meeting of EU finance ministers.
    3. Job openings in the labor market (JOLTS).
    4. Jerome Powell's speech.
    Name:  b5feb12.PNG
Views: 24
Size:  1.09 MB
    Here is the trading picture for today.
    Good luck!

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dazvim For This Useful Post:

facetoface (02-13-2019), Kobe (02-13-2019), sweetfriends (02-14-2019)

NF Addict
    ----

mghorab has a spectacular aura about mghorab has a spectacular aura about mghorab has a spectacular aura about mghorab's Avatar
    Accumulated bonus
    190.27 USD
    Thanks
    The EUR / USD pair traded positively to settle above 1.1310, but since the price is below 1.1413,
    our bearish outlook remains valid, awaiting a visit to 1.1181 as the next major station.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mghorab For This Useful Post:

facetoface (02-13-2019), sweetfriends (02-14-2019)

NF Rookie
    ----

Accumulated bonus
    21.29 USD
    Thanks
    I somehow fixed four stop loss orders, and now, in order to remove these stops, I will wait for the price at 1.1420. Around this range, losses are fully offset and there will even be a few percent of profit.
    Today, I do not see good levels for options at all. Regarding the monthly contract, there was an active trading at 1.1200 at futures prices / 1.1170 at forex prices.
    This is too far from the current prices. As for the short contract, the general situation is unclear.
    The weekly contract has the most optimal levels, but they are also weak.
    Name:  a1feb13.PNG
Views: 1814
Size:  390.8 KB
    Open interest:
    Today is Wednesday, which means the short contract will be expired. The maximum put interest is at 1.1300 / 1.1270. Today, the price has pushed off from it, but has not broken through and this is already a good thing.
    The maximum call interest is at 1.1450 at futures prices / 1.1420 at forex prices.
    The level seems to be high, but in addition to call interest, there is also Max Pain.
    This means that 1.1450 at futures price is an optimal range for expiration.
    Can you imagine how the situation was aggravated that the optimal level for sold options is at the level where the largest number of call options were sold? That is to say, in order to even things up, it is necessary to raise the price by another 80 points in order for the price to be in the comfort zone.
    Name:  a2feb13.PNG
Views: 15
Size:  390.2 KB
    Trading plan:
    At the moment, I have seven purchases, take profit orders of which are placed just below 1.1420. Tomorrow, I expect this level to be worked out and I will close this unfortunate pyramid.
    So far I am not going to open new purchases and sales. I will make an exception only if there is a sharp impulse of more than 100 points in one direction or another.
    I chose the range of 1.1320 as support for today. The risk premium is significant, so the minimum value for a reduction can reach even up to 1.1271.
    Stop loss orders are placed under this value.
    Well, here's what we got:
    If they go up by 80 points first, there will be a profit; if they go down by 80 points, stop loss orders will continue to work.
    Name:  a3feb13.PNG
Views: 14
Size:  781.5 KB

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kobe For This Useful Post:

19. <a href="http://www.mt5.com/">&#1060;&#1086;&#1088;&#1077;&#1082;&#1089; &#1087;&#1086;&#1088;&#1090;&#1072;&#1083;</a>
    NF Rookie
    ----

Accumulated bonus
    27.16 USD
    Thanks
    Hello, dear traders.
    Yesterday, we received a pullback. Some had time and made profit. My plans for today are simple, to earn as much as possible, but as for the EUR/USD pair, it is not so profitable. Today, I expect the direction to the downside.
    The target is 1.1270. In addition, I do not exclude 1.1250, that's the place where we will finish the day. Now it’s up to the Europeans. Let them show what they can do. They may give us a pullback.
    Name:  b1feb13.PNG
Views: 1635
Size:  104.1 KB
    I am just waiting for my pullback down to 1.1270 and then up. Well, afterwards, I will adapt the situation, the downside has not yet been broken, and it has not been confirmed by H4, so as for EURUSD, there is unclear situation.
    On the technical side, it is necessary to reach the level of 1.1270. But I cannot explain what EUR/USD is doing. It is difficult for me to understand why a strong downward trend turns into a steep upward trend, and without substantive reasons. I do not understand why we can stand still amid the news or after strong news, pull back the next day. So let's wait for a pullback and then decide what to do.
    The perfect option for purchases was canceled, there was no downward zigzag.
    Name:  b2feb13.PNG
Views: 17
Size:  74.4 KB
    As for the EUR/USD pair, M15 and M30 show the upside, H1 also indicates the upside, but there is no zigzag down. There are some nuances here, if we pull back on H1, M15 will go downwards, then the downside will be canceled for today, but considering that the small time periods point to the upside, and the intraday level was broken yesterday. Most likely, we will stay on the upside so far, and if we pull back, there will be slight downside. M15 will be broken by the upside at the level of 1.1280. If we start a pullback, we will most likely draw zigzags within the range of 1.1280, 1.1290, and 1.1330. In addition, if we update 1.1330, the top will be the level of 1.1350.
    Name:  b3feb13.PNG
Views: 16
Size:  105.6 KB

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread